Web Mascot Pty Ltd (“WebAlive”)
Protecting Your Privacy
WebAlive is committed to providing you with the highest levels of customer service. This includes protecting your privacy. WebAlive is bound by the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988, which sets out a number of principles concerning the protection of your personal information.
Set out below is information that WebAlive is required to communicate to its customers. WebAlive recommends that you keep this information for future reference.
Your personal information
Personal information held by WebAlive may include your name, current and previous addresses, telephone/mobile phone number, email address, bank account or credit card details, occupation, driver’s licence number and your WebAlive PIN, username or password. WebAlive also holds details of your WebAlive services (including their status).
If you choose not to provide certain personal information, WebAlive may not be able to provide you with the services you require, or the level of service on which WebAlive prides itself.
Occasionally, you may need to provide personal information about other individuals to WebAlive (e.g. about your authorised representatives). If so, WebAlive relies on you to inform those individuals that you are providing their personal information to WebAlive and to advise them that WebAlive can be contacted for further information (see ‘How to contact us’ below).
How we collect personal information
WebAlive collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, when you provide information by phone or in application forms, or when you submit your personal details through WebAlive’s websites (e.g. during www.webalive.com.au registration or trial services);
- from third parties such as WebAlive’s related companies, credit reporting agencies or your representatives;
- from publicly available sources of information;
- in response to a survey, contest or sweepstakes;
- from the organisations identified below under ‘When WebAlive discloses your personal information’;
- from WebAlive’s own records of how you use your WebAlive services; or when legally required to do so.
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used to:
- verify your identity;
- assist you to subscribe to WebAlive’s current services;
- offer you and provide additional WebAlive or related services;
- administer and manage those services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved;
- conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
- research and develop WebAlive’s services;
- gain an understanding of your information and communication needs in order for WebAlive to provide you with a better service; and
- maintain and develop WebAlive’s business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems.
Also, your personal information is collected so that WebAlive can promote and market its services to you (including by way of direct mail, telemarketing, SMS and MMS messages). WebAlive does this to keep you informed of its products, services and special offers. If you do not wish WebAlive to promote and market its products, services and special offers to you, please call +61 3 8669 0640.
In relation to marketing and promotional material sent via email, WebAlive will send such material to you unless you indicate you wish to opt-out by selecting this option in the email.
When we disclose your personal information
In order to deliver the services you require, WebAlive may disclose your personal information to organisations outside of WebAlive. Your personal information is disclosed to these organisations only in relation to WebAlive providing its services to you. These organisations may carry out WebAlive’s:
- customer enquiries;
- mailing operations;
- billing and debt-recovery functions;
- information technology services;
- installation, maintenance and repair services;
- marketing and telemarketing services;
- market research; and
- web site usage analysis.
WebAlive takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
In addition, WebAlive may disclose your personal information to:
- your authorised representatives or your legal advisers (e.g. when requested by you to do so);
- credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
- credit providers (for credit related purposes such as credit-worthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing);
- WebAlive’s related companies;
- WebAlive’s professional advisers, including its accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- other information technology service providers (for example, if you obtain services from other providers, WebAlive may need to disclose your personal information for billing purposes); and
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law.
WebAlive’s web sites
WebAlive provides products and services via its various web sites. When you visit WebAlive’s sites, its web servers record anonymous information such as the time, date and URL of the request. This information assists WebAlive to improve the structure of its web sites and monitor their performance.
WebAlive may use ‘cookies’ on various web sites. Cookies are an industry standard and most major web sites use them. A cookie is a small text file that our web sites may place on your computer. Usually, cookies are used as a means for WebAlive’s web sites to remember your preferences. As such, cookies are designed to improve your experience of WebAlive’s web sites.
In some cases, cookies may collect and store personal information about you. WebAlive extends the same privacy protection to your personal information whether gathered via cookies or from other sources. You can adjust your Internet browser to disable cookies or to warn you when cookies are being used. However, if you disable cookies, you may not be able to access certain areas of our web sites or take advantage of the improved web site experience that cookies offer.
WebAlive also collects Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. IP addresses are assigned to computers on the internet to uniquely identify them within the global network. WebAlive collects and manages IP addresses as part of the service of providing internet session management and for security purposes.
Help us to ensure we hold accurate information
WebAlive takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information it collects, uses and discloses is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. That’s why WebAlive recommends that you:
- let WebAlive know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
- keep WebAlive up-to-date with changes to your personal information such as your name or address.
If you are a subscriber to one of WebAlive’s online products or services, you may change your personal details by contacting WebAlive on +61 3 8669 0640.
You can access your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, you will need to put your request in writing for security reasons, and either send it by mail to Web Mascot Pty Ltd, Suite 910, 9 Yarra St, South Yarra, VIC 3141, Australia or by facsimile to +61 3 8669 0649 or by email to email@example.com.
WebAlive reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for and providing access to your information.
How to contact us
If you have any questions in relation to privacy, please contact WebAlive on +61 3 8669 0640 between 9.00am and 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Please note that this number is not for general service enquiries. Alternatively, you can write to our General Manager, Web Mascot Pty Ltd, Suite 910, 9 Yarra St, South Yarra, VIC 3141, Australia or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may obtain further information on privacy matters by visiting WebAlive’s web site at www.webalive.com.au
WebAlive Privacy Statement January 2010.
Web Mascot Pty Ltd ABN 89 140 285 285